IIT Kanpur has decided to create new administrative roles (in some cases, it is just renaming of roles), and nine faculty members have been appointed as Associate Deans. They are:
- Dr. Suchitra Mathur (HSS): AD for Under-Graduate Studies
- Dr. Pankaj Jain (PHY): AD for Post-Graduate Studies
- Dr. Jiten Bera (CHM): AD for Faculty Affairs
- Dr. B V Phani (IME): AD for Innovation and Incubation
- Dr. Siddhartha Panda (CHE) AD for Industrial Collaboration
- Dr. Vimal Kumar (HSS): AD for Student Activities
- Dr. Shalabh (MTH): AD for Hall Affairs
- Dr. Anupam Saxena (ME): AD for International Relations
- Dr. Ashish Dutta (ME): AD for Digital Infrastructure
The appointments are with effect from 1st April, 2014 and are for a period of two years.
This article was originally published on Inside the Campus by Prof. Dheeraj Sanghi.